Human Services Providers Guide
The City of SeaTac provides additional programs to meet the needs of our residents. Please contact the Parks, Community Programs & Services Department for information on these programs.
- Holiday of Hope - Holiday giving for a small number of children in need
- Voucher Programs - Limited services for domestic violence victims and the homeless
- Domestic Violence Prevention - for services click here.
- Recreation Scholarships - Fee assistance for income eligible SeaTac residents, from toddlers to teens. Click here for an application.
- Minor Home Repair - The City of SeaTac continues to offer the SeaTac Minor Home Repair program. The program provides subsidized minor home repairs for income eligible SeaTac homeowners. Residents are required to have owned and occupied their home for at least one year, have current homeowner's insurance, and not intend to move in the near future.
To apply for the Minor Home Repair program, please request an application by calling Kim Cooper, Human Services Coordinator at 206.973.4815.
Community Services Advisory CommitteeThe City of SeaTac contracts with area service providers to meet the human services needs of its residents. The funding is made available through 1.5% of the City's General Fund budget. The Community Services Advisory Committee identifies the non-profit agencies that can best meet local service needs and makes recommendations to the City Council on funding priorities. Those priorities are based upon addressing the following needs:
- Basic Needs (urgent and long term)
- Education, Training Workshop Development
- Supporting Businesses
2019-2020 Human Services Funding
Click here for 2019-2020 Human Services Funding Allocations.
References and Resources:
- Hyde Shuttle: Free Hyde Shuttle Service for seniors age 55 and over; and people with disabilities. Click here to view the flyer.
- 2-1-1 Human Services Resources: Call 2-1-1 or visit http://211kingcounty.org/
- Suicide Prevention Links:
Youth Suicide Prevention Program
Quarterly Reports and Outcomes & Demographics for Contracted Agencies
Click here to take you to Document Central where quarterly reports are saved as PDF. Bookmarks have been added to the PDF to help navigate between agency reports.
Human Services Needs Assessment
Prepared by KONÉ Consulting in collaboration with SeaTac Parks, Community Programs and Services. (January 2018) Human Services Needs Assessment
Parks, Community Programs & Services Department
Kim Cooper, Human Services Coordinator