Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


1. I am being charged with a crime and I cannot afford an attorney. What can I do? If you are being charged with a crime, and you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you can apply for a public defender. If you are found eligible, you will be appointed an attorney to represent you. Please click here to submit your Indigency Screening Application online. 

2. How do I find an attorney to represent me? Go to or contact your local bar association.

3. Where can I find general legal information? For the laws of the State of Washington, go to . For the SeaTac Municipal Code, go to . For additional information, go to

4. Where can I find legal forms on-line? Go to

5. Where do I go for a protection order? See

6. I just received a summons for jury duty, but I am unable or ineligible to serve, or I would like to delay my jury service. What can I do? Contact the court that sent the summons, and they will advise you. For SeaTac Municipal Court, call 206-973-4610.

7. Where can I obtain a copy of my driving record? Contact the Department of Licensing, .

8. How do I make payments on court imposed fines, costs, and assessments? For cases in SeaTac Municipal Court, you can make a payment on-line at nCourt.  You may also submit payment by calling 1-800-701-8560, Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 9:00 pm, and on weekends from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.  Finally, you can contact the Court from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 am - 12:00 pm by telephone (206-973-4610) or in person.

9. Where do I go to post bail or to post a bond? Contact the Court or the jail where the incarcerated person is located. For inmates held on a SeaTac charge, you can visit or contact the SCORE jail at 206-257-6200, , or contact SeaTac Municipal Court at 206-973-4610.

10. How do I find out if someone is in jail? Visit . This link also contains a link to other county jail search engines.

11. I received a traffic (or parking) ticket. What can I do? Visit and click on the appropriate link.

12. Where can I report a crime? In emergency situations, call 911 for assistance. For non-emergency situations, contact your local City Police Department or County Sheriff’s Office. In SeaTac, the non-emergency telephone number is 206-296-3311. You may also file non-emergency reports on-line by following the appropriate links at .

13. How do I schedule an interpreter? If you have a case in SeaTac Municipal Court, let the court know that you require an interpreter, and advise the clerks what language you speak. The Court will schedule your hearing and provide an interpreter to assist you.

14. Where do I get a passport?  Visit the passport website at or call 1.877.487.2778 for information related to passports.

15. I would like to get married. Can a judge conduct the ceremony? Yes. An elected or appointed judge may conduct a marriage ceremony. Contact either the County Court or your local municipal court for a list of available judges, fees and requirements.

16. Where can I get my criminal history? Please contact the Washington State Patrol.

17. My vehicle was impounded in the City of SeaTac, what do I do?  Please contact the SeaTac Police Department for vehicle impounds information.

18. Where can I file a Small Claim action? Please contact King County District Court for information on filing a Small Claim action .

19. Where can file for a divorce?  Please contact the King County Superior Court for information regarding dissolutions.

20. My court fines have been assigned to collection. Can they be recalled? To request that your fines be recalled from collection, please send your request in writing to the court. You may contact the court by clicking here. 

21.  Where can I go to obtain a background check?  Please vising the Washington State Patrol at

The information, list of forms, and external links contained on this page are not intended as legal advice and are provided for reference purposes only.