Civil Division FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Who do I contact regarding dog/cat complaints?
Complaints should be directed to King County Animal Control at 206.296.PETS and then press 24 for complaints.

At what times does the City prohibit loud noise?
Monday - Friday: 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday, Sunday & Legal Holidays: 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. Inquiries or complaints can be directed to the police department at 206.296.3333 or if it is an emergency call 911.

Where do I get a Marriage License?
Marriage licenses can be obtained from King County or for a list of requirements and application locations see /courts/marriage.aspx

How do I change my name?
Contact the District Court of the judicial district in which you reside. See for a list of district courts.

Landlord/Tenant Issues?
You can call the Tenant's Union at 206.723.0500

Where can I get a copy of City or State codes?
Citizens can obtain copies of the SeaTac Municipal Code from the City Clerk or at Valley View Public Library or from the King County Law Library located in downtown Seattle County Courthouse or the Regional Justice Center in Kent.

How do I file a claim against the City of SeaTac?
For information on filing a claim against the City, contact the City Clerk at 206.973.4661.

How do I file a Small Claims Court case?
At any District Court in the State. Any individual, business, partnership, or corporation (with a couple of exceptions) may bring a small claims suit for recovery of money only for an amount up to $5,000. A small claims case must be filed in the jurisdiction of the defendant's residence, or in the case of a traffic accident, or an unlawfully issued check, the county or district where the accident occurred or check was issued. The State of Washington may not be sued in Small Claims court. There is a filing fee of $25 for small claims suits.