The City Clerk is a division of the Legal Department.
The role of the City Clerk is to serve the City as the vital link between the City Council, City Manager, City departments and residents. The City Clerk maintains a complete record of Council proceedings, prepares City Council agendas, minutes, and Council packets and manages the membership of Citizen Advisory Committees.
The Records Division is also a division of the Legal Department.
Resolution No. 07-015 designated the Records Manager as the City's Public Records Officer. If you have any questions in regards to public records, contact the Records Division, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., by telephone at 206.973.4663 or email@example.com.
To view the Legal Department Vision, Mission, and Goals click on the Road Map button below.
Summary of Ongoing Functions and Areas of Responsibility for the City Clerk and Records Divisions:
- Maintains official City documents, including Ordinances & Resolutions
- Prepares City Council meeting agendas and packets and minutes
- Serves as administrative support for the City Council at City Council Meetings (Regular Council Meetings, Special Council Meetings, and workshops)
- Maintains records for all Council Committees and Citizen Advisory Committees
- Presides at Bid Openings and prepares supporting documents
- Records City Documents with King County
- Accepts Appeals / Claims
- Researches City Records
- Provides Council / Staff / Citizens with Public Records and Documents
- Prepares / Posts Public and Legal Notices