Pet Licensing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option



Dogs and cats living in SeaTac require pet licenses that must be renewed annually. Regional Animal Services of King County licenses pets for the City of SeaTac and provide animal control services.

Benefits of Pet Licensing

  • Found pets are reunited quickly with their owner.
  • Your pet gets a free ride home the first time it is found.
  • Your pet gets a longer care period.
  • You and your pet get the Vacation Pet Alert.
  • License fees support the return of hundreds of lost pets to their home and help adopt thousands of homeless pets to new families every year.

You may purchase a King County pet license at SeaTac City Hall, or by mail or online:

  • In Person - You can buy a pet license in person at SeaTac City Hall during regular business hours.  For a list of other in person locations,click here.
  • Mail - Download and print out a copy of the pet license application form and mail it to King County.
  • Online - You can apply for a pet license online.

Lost a Pet? 
Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC) has information and tools for reconnecting lost pets with owners.  Click the following link to RASKC's I LOST my pet page.

New Permanent Pet License Tags
King County now issues permanent pet license tags for all new and renewed pet licenses.  The permanent tag, made of stainless steel, replaces the annually-issued aluminum pet license tag and is intended to last for the life of the pet.  Pet licenses are required to be renewed annually, but the tag is now permanent.

Replacement of lost or damaged permanent tags can be done in person at more than 10 locations throughout King County, or by mail.  Replacement of a permanent tag is currently $5.  Contact the pet license office at 206.296.2712 or via email at for more information.

Current Annual Pet License Fees     

         Juvenile (under six month of age)       $15.00
Altered (proof required)    $30.00
Unaltered    $60.00
Senior (65 years + and proof that pet is altered)                      $15.00
Disabled (proof that pet is altered and King County proof of
disability application)
Service Animal (statement that owner has a disability and animal
is a service animal)
   $        0

Animal Services Field Operations

Animal services in the City of SeaTac are provided by King County Regional Animal Services.  If you are experiencing a life-threatening animal-related emergency, call 9-1-1. For non-emergency service, call 206.296.PETS (7387) or email King County Animal Services.   

Animal Safety

With the onset of warmer weather, it is important to keep your pets safe and protect them from extreme heat.   For important safety tips, click here.