City Center Plan Update Phase 1 Project Now Underway
- See the draft Vision Report and More Information on the Project Website: City Center Plan Update Project
About the City Center Plan
In 1999 the City completed a subarea plan for the City's central commercial core. The map at the right shows the area of the City covered by the City Center Plan, as it appeared in an aerial photo taken in 1999. The plan identifies transportation system improvements in the area, as well as design standards for new development in the area that the City hopes will result in high quality development. The design standards can be found in the Zoning Code, Chapter 15.35.
Click on the links here to see an artist's rendering of future development along Main St., and one of the City Center at build out, which includes some familiar existing buildings such as the black office towers (formerly known as the "Kilroy Towers"), the Hilton Hotel, and the Holiday Inn.
In December 2010 the City amended the City Center Plan [PDF] to incorporate some provisions of the SeaTac/Airport Station Area Action Plan, which was rescinded at the same time. The amendments included:
- Removing the collector streets from Figure 5.1 (map)
- Updating policies for new development to provide adequate vehicular and pedestrian access and circulation
- Prohibiting new park-and-fly developments unless located in parking structures, and
- Including updated descriptive and background information regarding light rail station locations
In addition to downloading the Plan from this page, copies are also available at the Planning Division at City Hall.
For more information, please contact Kate Kaehny, Senior Planner, at 206.973.4834 or email@example.com