This picture is the current ACLAC members as of 02.14.19:
Left to right: Rita Palomino Marlow, Taryn Hill (Vice-chair), Bruce Bryant, Tani Rae Standridge, Jim Todd (Chair), Peter Daigle
Not pictured: Kathleen Brave
The Arts, Culture and Library Advisory Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council with the following purposes:
- Make recommendations pertaining to art and culture to the community and creating a bridge between the SeaTac community and the Valley View Library;
- Inform the City Council in matters of the arts, culture and library related activities and programs;
- Represent the interest of the community pertaining to the arts, culture and library;
- Develop cooperation with schools, local, regional, state and national art and cultural related organizations;
- Solicit grants and resources to enhance and promote related programs;
Advocate for increased access and consciousness to art, culture and library programs;
Facilitate community dialogue and education on issues including literacy, diversity and intellectual freedom;
Establish and administer an Arts and Cultural Master Plan; and
- Work with King County 4Culture Grant program for funding sources.
Click here to view Library Advisory Committee meeting agendas and minutes prior to 7/2017.
Download an application here! [PDF]