The City Clerk's Office is a division of the Legal Department.
The role of the City Clerk’s Office is to serve the City as the vital link between the City Council, City Manager, City departments and residents. The City Clerk’s Office maintains a complete record of Council proceedings, preserves City records, processes requests for information, prepares City Council agendas and minutes, and serves as a passport acceptance facility. The City Clerk’s Office provides the public with a point of access for specific municipal services and official public records of the City. The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining all official City records in compliance with State, Federal, and City regulations.
Resolution No. 05-012 designated the City Clerk as the City's Public Records Officer. If you have any questions in regards to public records, contact the City Clerk's Office at SeaTac City Hall, 4800 South 188th Street, SeaTac, WA 98188, Monday through Friday, in person between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. or by telephone at 206.973.4660.
To view the Legal Department Vision, Mission, and Goals click on the Road Map button below.
Summary of Ongoing Functions and Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintains official City documents, including Ordinances & Resolutions
- Prepares City Council meeting agendas and packets and minutes
- Serves as administrative support for the City Council at City Council Meetings (Regular Council Meetings, Special Council Meetings, and workshops)
- Maintains records for all Council Committees and Citizen Advisory Committees
- Processes passport applications
- Presides at Bid Openings and prepare supporting documents
- Records City Documents with King County
- Accepts Appeals / Claims
- Researches City Records
- Provides Council / Staff / Citizens with Public Records and Documents
- Prepares / Posts Public and Legal Notices